How can counselling help?
Counselling can help if you are experiencing:
- anxiety and an inability to cope with everyday life
- depression, panic attacks or stress
- difficulty in dealing with a bereavement or a major change in your life
- lack of confidence and not fulfilling your potential
- relationship difficulties
- Experiencing stress or problems related to work
- feelings of isolation and loneliness
- a feeling you would benefit from a safe space to talk confidentially
At SCC we provide a safe confidential space to reflect, away from the pressures of everyday life and explore with a skilled counsellor the way you think and act, without fear of criticism, rejection or retaliation.
Counselling gives you an opportunity to bring thoughts and feelings which you may not feel able to share with family and friends. Your counsellor is not there to give advice or guidance but to help you to look at and understand the patterns of behaviour and thinking that are not helpful to you, enabling you to make changes in your life that offer greater freedom in thought and action.